Dark Self Love….. This is our internal phone call that keeps ringing… all too often left unanswered. Dark self love is still a form of expression that we owe to ourselves.
I want to be perfectly clear I am not encouraging self harming/destruction etc… I also want you to consider the aftermath of dark self love… do not put yourself in a difficult position that you find yourself struggling because of the need to act on impulse. We all still need to eat and have a place to sleep. The point to following this is to feel good…. not get stressed.
I am talking about using this dark half of the year to follow your impulses… General debauchery is a nice way to feed the growl that rumbles inside.
- Spend a little more money on yourself – be materialistic and selfish.
- Married? Flirt more.. build sexual tension, talk dirty…
- If you are single… the world is your oyster. Just don’t forget the condoms.
- Buy yourself flowers… nice ones.
- What about that tattoo you have been wanting? A piercing? Both?
- Treat yourself to fresh hair colour, blow outs, new shampoo and lotions.
- Smoke that one cigarette, smoke a joint, drink that extra glass of wine… have that last shot.
- Treat yourself to one night away at a hotel
- Have that conversation, say what you need to
- Make a new friend and get rid of an old one.
Whatever it is that is calling to you during these dark months…. say yes. Answer that call.